Poetry Series Submission Guidelines
The poetry chapbook series was an initiative launched in 1999 to revive the publication of small, collectable editions of poetry. The majority of poets have a regional connection and are the recipients of multiple awards and distinctions. Parallel Press currently publishes six poetry titles annually.
The following are guidelines for submitting poetry manuscripts for the Parallel Press poetry series:
- Poets may submit 20-30 poems to be published in a 5 ½ x 8 ½ chapbook.
- All manuscripts should be in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Chapbook length should be approximately 35 pages.
- Send the manuscript by e-mail to Parallel Press at parallelpress[at]library.wisc.edu or mail a clean hard copy to:
University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries
728 State Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
- Please include a 2-3 paragraph biography.
- Poets should include their name, address, and telephone number. Please make sure to include an email address and a day-time phone number with your information.
- Manuscripts will not be returned unless you indicate otherwise. You also must include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to have it returned.
- An editorial committee reviews all of the manuscripts and will respond to your submission generally within 6-9 months.
- The manuscript must be previously unpublished in book form. Individual poems previously published may be included but must be acknowledged. If the manuscript is accepted by another press during the review period the poet must contact us to withdraw the manuscript.
- If you have any additional questions call 1-800-636-0071 or 608-262-2566.
Book Proposal Submission Guidelines
Book proposals must be in keeping with the Press's mission: publications are the result of collaborations with the UW campus community and represent an ongoing commitment by the Libraries to scholarly communication as a contribution to the Wisconsin Idea and in support of the outreach mission of the university. For more information please call 608-262-2566 or email parallelpress[at]library.wisc.edu.